Certified Primary Stroke Center
Memorial Hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s designation as Mississippi’s first Nationally Certified Primary Stroke Center.
Stroke patients in our community can now receive the highest level of stroke treatment available in the nation.
Our team is dedicated to offering the most comprehensive program of its kind in Mississippi. When a patient comes to the Emergency Department with symptoms of stroke:
- A trained Stroke Team is available around the clock, seven days a week, to evaluate a stroke patient within 15 minutes of arrival.
- Each patient is evaluated and treated using a uniform and extensive set of guidelines that address both emergency treatment and ongoing care.
- A head CT scan or brain MRI scan can be performed and interpreted within 45 minutes of the stroke patient being admitted.
- A fully functioning medical laboratory is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to analyze and provide test results in a timely manner
- A neurosurgeon is available, if needed.